The Retro Hour Commodore 64 Episode Guide
The Retro Hour Commodore 64 Episode Guide is a C64 program written in C for the Commodore 64 using the CC65 cross compiler. This is just another fun side project to learn more about the C64 and CC65.
- The Retro Hour Logo Splash Screen
- Information about The Retro Hour Podcast and the hosts
- Browse through the episode list
- Search for a specific episode
- Show a random episode
- Hidden Easter Egg
- Code not comitted to GitHub yet
- Can you figure out how to trigger it?
PRG-file can be found in the “Releases”-section on GitHub. You can run this file in any C64 emulator, even online; https://c64online.com/c64-online-emulator/.
PETSCII “art” splash screen.
The “EPISODES (F5)” page showing the search results for
GIF that shows the different pages and features.
Update Episode “Database”
Episodes are defined in an array inside
CreateEpisodesHeaderFile.linq file is a LINQpad script to automatically generate
episodes.h from a “The Retro Hour” RSS feed.
Build From Source
The easiest way to set up a development environment is to use a Linux system, Ubuntu on WSL2 or a CC65 Docker container.
- Install the CC65 cross compiler
sudo apt install cc65
- Change to the directory of the
- Build with
cl65 main.c -o c64retrohour.prg
- Run using any C64 emulator that accept a PRG-file